The Wurm Hat Project: Finished
The Wurm Hat Project is finished. The Noro yarn I used was wonderful to work with but the fibers were loosely spun–sometimes I had to pull the yarn with force from the center of the ball and the fibers broke. As I neared the final decrease rows, I noticed that the fibers were particularly loose and were not going to hold up to my pulling the final strand through the remaining stitches so I needed to find a fiber for strengthening. Here are some choices.
I ended up choosing a DMC Pearl Cotton #5 which blended pretty well with the orange yarn. It allowed me to pull the yarn tightly through the remaining stitches.
Here is the final hat from the side and from the top. I would definitely make this hat again. I am almost finished with my scarf using leftover yarns from my fingerless gloves. Then I will need to find a new knitting project for my night time entertainment.
Coming up this week: Update on The Animal Collage Project and a Christmas message.